Jack the Brand
When I was assigned the “Brand Yourself” assignment, I
thought I could sit down and get it done pretty easily. However, that was not
the case. Turns out, it is not a simple task to analyze one’s self and identify
one’s strengths and weaknesses. After not making too much progress with the self-analysis,
I skipped to the external analysis and did that first. I created an email
thread with 15 of my closest family members and friends and asked them
questions about myself. This really got the ball rolling for me and I was then
able to better analyze myself.
Self-Analysis: After
a bit of a rough start, I was finally able to complete my self-analysis. I have
separated it into two sections to organize my thoughts better.
Strengths: The
first real “strength” I was able to identify was my loyalty. Whether it is
loyalty to my friends or to my family, I always put those I care about first. Whether
it’s a simple task like helping move a couch or something much larger, I am
always ready to help a friend or family member. Not only am I helping someone I
care about, they help me when I need a favor as well. Loyalty goes both ways
and that’s why I pride myself on being loyal.
Another “strength”
of mine would be my work ethic. It can be in the classroom or in the workplace,
I always put 100% effort into whatever I am doing. I pride myself in always
getting the job done no matter what. My personal philosophy is why do something
if you’re not going to put everything you have into it? Otherwise, I believe I would
be wasting my time. To me, there is not better feeling than seeing the results
of something I really worked hard on. That’s what keeps pushing me to be the
best version of myself.
One last
strength of mine is my attention to detail. When I get assigned a big project
or am studying for a big test, I like to break everything down and pay
attention to the little things. This has benefited me greatly in a number of
aspects in my life. For example, I was assigned a large project at work that requited
me to pay attention to a large number of stuff. When I completed the project my
boss was very impressed by how detailed my results were. This is something I am
very proud of.
Weaknesses: It’s
not very easy to reflect on yourself and think about one’s weaknesses, but it
can be very beneficial to do it. The first one that came to mind was I can be stubborn
sometimes. If I know of a certain way to do something, it can be very hard for
me to change my ways and try something new. When I reflect on this, I realize
that I am closing my self of learning a bunch of new skills and great experiences.
This is definitely something I should consider changing in order to grow as a
person.
Another
weakness of mine is that I am not as outgoing as I can be. When in a social
setting, I tend to not reach out and meet many new people. This is absolutely a
skill I need to learn to progresses my professional career. Starting a full
time job in a week, I need to market myself and meet as many people as
possible, because if there is anything that I have learned about the business world,
its not necessarily what you know, it’s who you know. This is something plan on
changing and I’m very excited to see the benefits.
Survey Results:
After
emailing a short questionnaire to 15 of my closest family and friends, I received
some great feedback. The results mirrored my personal reflection very closely.
In addition, a lot of people said their favorite quality about me was my kindness.
Many people said they could think of a number of times where I put others’
needs before mine. Hearing this from a number of people was a very humbling experience
and put a smile on my face. One weakness about me was actually something I
listed in my strengths. Two of my friends said that my attention to detail actually
is something I could relax a little about. They say while it is a good quality
in some situations, I could learn to be less of a perfectionist. Pretty interesting
feedback.
Feature Benefit:
All in all, I pride myself in being a well-rounded
individual. Over the course of my life, I have learned a number of skills that
make me into the person I am today. With a person like me, you know that you
are getting someone that puts everything he has into what he does and does
things the right way. In addition, you are getting someone that is passionate
about growing as a person. While there are things to work on, you know that I
am working to better myself day in and day out. What you see is what you get
and that is something you should be interested in.

Comments
Post a Comment